Are you interested or thinking about implementing a PA Start Media Campaign in your community?
We’re here to help! Whether you’re new to our campaign or an experienced media mogul, we’d like everyone to start the process by reviewing this page and completing the campaign media digital request form.
Media campaigns can serve as a powerful strategy to inform our communities. By launching a strategic campaign targeted at specific areas of need, PA Start can help organizations, coalitions and communities to:
- Become more aware of the prevention resources available to parents and caregivers.
- Better understand how to locate and communicate with local program providers.
- Engage new community partners in collaborating together.
- Assist in developing and promoting your primary prevention programming and events.
There are 2 different types of Media Messaging:
- Primary Messaging: intended to reach the most people within budget and resources. Examples include:
- Postcards & Direct Mail are cost effective and can get directly into the hands of your intended audiences by utilizing mailing lists.
- Web & Social Media Ads are cost effective and can target specific demographics.
- Paid Radio/Broadcast/Cable TV Ads are very visible in the community and provide the ability to select when and where they will be heard/viewed.
- Radio PSAs + Broadcast/Cable TV Public Service Announcements (PSAs) will be very affordable to run on local stations, usually free, although you don’t get to select air times.
- Supplementary Messaging: works best in support of your primary messaging. Examples include:
- Outdoor Advertising (i.e., billboards and transit ads) can be very visible and effective in the community, but due to their cost and diminished longevity, they work better as a supplementary messaging tool.
- Tactile Handouts (e.g., brochures) are very affordable to self-produce and distribute.
Visit the Free Downloadable Tools & Materials tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page (Under “Prevention Professionals”) to review all of our ready to use media materials to assist in developing and promoting your messages. (NOTE: If you want or need CUSTOMIZED materials with your information on them, or say, help with billboards or TV ads in your area, please visit the Customized Advertising Media tab in the top navigation)
- Most of the items are easily downloaded and print ready.
- There is white space on the items so you can customize each media product with local information. Most users who are comfortable with Publisher or Adobe Creative Suite can customize themselves or use the assistance of a local printing company.
- If you would like assistance with customizing items, please complete the media request form and indicate this as a need.
Please take a few minutes to complete the Campaign Media Request Form to provide our team with some initial details and a better understanding of your needs and goals. After submitting the completed the request form, our media campaign project coordinator will review and contact you.
Due to our licensing arrangements, you can add information to the materials, but you cannot remove information or alter them in other ways, such as using one of our images with different information or for a different purpose than it was created to serve.